At Northside, our Children's Ministry takes care of kids from birth through 5th grade, and is comprised of three areas of ministry... Nursery, Preschool, & Elementary.
At many churches, the nursery is a place for young children to go while their parents are involved in something else. Simply put, it is just glorified babysitting. But this is not the case at Northside! Our nursery team does not view their work as "Nursery Duty." Rather, they see it as "Nursery Ministry!" Our nursery team is excited for the opportunity to invest into your children!
We have a first rate nursery that includes a computerized security check-in system to provide a safe place for your children. This system makes sure that you are the only one who can pick them up, and also logs any allergies and special instructions for the child. Every person working with your child has been background checked, and our nursery leaders have been trained in infant & toddler CPR. With our nursery, parents can focus on growing in their faith and deepening their walk with Christ while knowing that their child is safe and loved.
- Sunday mornings - A nursery is provided on Sunday mornings from 10:10 AM - 12:15 PM (during Sunday school and the 11:00 worship service).
- Sunday evenings - A nursery is provided on Sunday evenings from 5:00 - 6:00 PM (during small groups).
- Wednesday evenings - A nursery is provided on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 - 7:00 PM (during the Wednesday evening activities).
Nursery check-in begins 15 minutes prior for each time that the nursery is provided.
Note - A nursery is not provided during the 9:00 AM worship service. We encourage families with young children to attend our 11:00 worship service, where we have a fully staffed nursery team who are ready to take care of children.
Our Preschool Ministry loves to teach and encourage children! They do this in many ways, including music, crafts, and games. Our preschool leadership team is excited to work with kids each week, and they will make sure your child learns Biblical truth in a fun way! And, just like with our nursery ministry, our Preschool Ministry also uses the same computerized security check-in system to make sure your child can learn about Jesus in a safe environment!
- Sunday mornings - On Sunday mornings, our preschoolers enjoy Bible study at 10:10 AM. Parents can also have their children participate in Preschool Church during the 11:00 worship service. During this time, they learn Biblical truth in an age appropriate lesson and activities.
- Sunday evenings - On Sunday evenings, our preschoolers worship with songs, games, and Bible study from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
- Wednesday evenings - On Wednesday evenings, our preschoolers participate in Mission Friends, where they are taught about missions and challenged to understand that they can be more like Jesus.
Preschool check-in begins 15 minutes prior to each time the preschool ministry meets.
All of our Preschool Ministry volunteers have been background checked to ensure your child's safety!
Our Elementary Ministry is exploding with growth and excitement! If you have a child in 1st-5th grade, you don't want them to miss out on an opportunity to be involved in this ministry! Each week, the children have a great time learning more about Jesus, and are able to build Godly friendships with one another! Our Elementary Ministry is doing an excellent job building a solid foundation of Biblical truth for our children. What the kids learn during these years will impact the rest of their lives!
- Sunday mornings - On Sunday mornings at 10:10 AM, we have RA's for boys and GA's for girls to study missions. They learn about missionaries and spreading the gospel!
- Sunday evenings - Kids On Mission is on Sunday nights at 5:00 PM during the school year. This is a time when our kids get a first hand experience of what it is like to be a kid missionary!
- Wednesday evenings - Our God's Gang Worship Service meets during the school year on Wednesday nights at 6:00 PM. It is a great time of learning and worshiping our Mighty God! This service is upbeat and active, with singing, games, and an awesome Bible story!
During the summer we have Wacky Wednesday's, where we go off-campus for an activity such as swimming, bowling, movies, etc. We also take a group of kids to Look Up Lodge for our week-long summer camp each year!
All of our Elementary Ministry volunteers have been background checked to ensure your child's safety!